Ten top stretching tips
10 top stretching tips from Tanya James, Massage Therapist.
1. Try a variety of different stretches - not just one type
2. Stretch everyday!
3. Doing dynamic stretches before exercise reduces the risk of injury
4. Connect mind and body - when you feel the pull of the stretch, release into it
5. Static stretching should be held for a minimum of 30 seconds, and repeated 3 times
6. Always static stretch after strength training
7. A healthy joint has a balance of strength and flexibility so don’t over-do one or the other
8. Stretching should never be painful or the muscle simply won’t release
9. Work with the breath; exhale as you release into a stretch
10. Move throughout the day, stretching muscle groups that get used the most in your day!
Enjoy the benefits!!